About the Streams PTO
The Streams Elementary Parent Teacher Organization is a nonprofit parent teacher organization (PTO) whose mission is to institute and sustain a close relationship between the parents, teachers, and students by evolving opportunities within the home, school, and community.
The PTO provides assistance to teachers within the classroom settings, raises funds for educational materials and experiences, advocates school and family social interaction, and provides an unbiased forum for sharing information on issues that impact our children.
What does the PTO do?
Here are some examples of what the PTO has made possible at Streams:
Raised Funds for Supplemental Learning Support
- Artist in Residence Project (next time you enter Streams, check out the beautiful bird art installation at the school entrance)
- Covered costs of all Field Trips & Transportation for students
- Donation of over $6000 for Flexible Classroom Seating
- Funds for new Playground Equipment & Recess Games
- Covered costs of all Assemblies and Programs presented to Students
Provided Opportunities for Community Building Activities
- Snuggle Up & Read
- Family Bingo Night
- Open Mics to learn about the curriculum and ask questions
- Book Fair & Ice Cream Social
- Field Day
- Special Grade Level Nights
- Kindergarten Connection
- 4th Grade Graduation and much much more